Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum
6 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer
£30,000 - £35,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a global specialist engineering business based in Sheffield is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team right away working on a variety of different projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop a brand new range of products from concept through to manufacture.
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Customer and supplier liaison in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the desired standard
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- 2+ years Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing/precision engineering environment
- Experience with CAD software - SolidWorks and AutoCAD preferred
- Experience with hand calculations and FEA
- Piping design would be extremely advantageous
- Experience with ATEX Directives would be advantageous
Our client are a rapidly growing business with a unique, cutting edge product. They are looking for an ambitious, dynamic design engineer with a desire to learn and grow to join their team immediately.