£35000 - £40000 per annum
about 2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Mechanical Design Engineer - Precision Engineering
£35,000 - 40,000
Our client, a global engineering business is looking for an experienced mechanical design engineer to join their team to help support and continue their recent sustained period of growth.
In joining this company you will be impacting the world in important ways. Reporting directly to the Engineering Manager the Mechanical Design Engineer will be an integral part of the team working across a variety of different projects with a range of companies globally.
You will be responsible for:
- Create, draft and design new products and components using customer specification and recommendations
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Minimum 3 years+ design engineering experience
- Proficient in CAD Packages (SolidWorks/Inventory preferred but not essential)
- Background working within a precision engineering background would be advantageous (actuator experience preferred but not essential)
- Educated to HNC standard or above
- Excellent communication skills
Our client is one of the UK's leading manufacturers of their unique product and going through a sustained period of growth. Due to their recent growth and expansion, they are looking to bring someone into their team immediately.