- Sector: Pharmaceuticals, Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Mechanical Design Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 16 January 2022
- Job Ref: 29642/001_1639743547
Mechanical Design Engineer
£35,000 - £38,000 dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Mechanical Design Engineer for our prestigious client who specialise in within clean air technologies within the pharmaceutical sector. The company are based in Greater Manchester and are offering a permanent role with a hybrid of office based and work from home options with salaries ranging from £35,000 - £38,000 dependent on experience.
You will be responsible for designing, reviewing and validation pharmaceutical containment systems and other associated equipment. You will also be responsible for developing practical solutions through effective collaboration with project teams as well as external and internal customers. Other responsibilities include:
- Work to a project specification, bringing technical queries to the attention of the wider team as appropriate, ensuring that ultimately the client's requirements are met.
- Creation of CAD models and detailed arrangement, assembly and manufacturing drawings
- Designing equipment that takes into consideration access, maintenance, manufacturing and assembly limitations.
- Produce engineering documentation packages including Parts Lists, Manufacturing Drawing Packs and Production Handover Packs.
- Prioritise the workload, ensuring deadlines are maintained consistently.
- To realise or establish any potential design related risks to project cost or delivery.
- Consider all relevant Directives and Industry Standards in the design of equipment.
- Qualified to a minimum of an HND in an Engineering related subject.
- Knowledge of Pharmaceutical containment systems, applications and other associated equipment would be an advantage but not essential.
- Proven experience of a similar role in a design office environment.
- Proficiency in Autodesk Inventor and AutoCAD.
- Experience of Autodesk Vault Data Management Software is preferable.
- Knowledge of Mechanical Engineering Principles and Stainless Steel fabrication
The company are a well-known clean air technology company who specialise within the pharmaceutical sector. They have been pioneers within clean air technology for decades and are continuing to grow as they have just secured a number of new projects they have to fulfil. The company offers you a great development pathway into senior management and they pride themselves on employee satisfaction and retention.