Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£40000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits Package
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
MECHANICAL PROJECT ENGINEER
GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£40,000- £50,000+ Package
I am working with an industry leading Engineering business who are looking for a dynamic Project Engineer to join their growing business! This is an excellent opportunity to work with a business that have a diverse product range of engineered products that they supply in multiple industries!
Reporting directly to the Head of Engineering, the Project engineer will be responsible for effective leadership of projects associated with the mechanical handling function of prestigious turnkey engineering tenders and contracts. The project Engineer will be responsible for the following;
- Supervision of mechanical handling design projects from tendering to commissioning.
- As Project Engineer, supervision and Involvement with preparation of estimates and tenders and functional and technical design specifications.
- Creating and maintaining project schedules
- Communicating at all levels within the business and external to the site
- Work with the customer to ensure that their needs are understood and provide regular progress updates
- Task management and prioritisation
- Critical path analysis, risk mitigation
- Effectively executing recovery plans in case of delays
The ideal Project Engineer will need to have strong communication and IT skills and be comfortable in a customer facing position. For the role, the following experience will be required;
- Experienced in project management with Engineering environments
- A proven track record in the mechanical engineering field preferred
- Customer facing experience.
- Experience of managing technical / engineering personnel.
- Ideally qualified to Degree / HNC in mechanical engineering
A market leading producer of high value engineered products. Their impressive growth performance over the last twelve months has been due to two main factors; the successful development of new products that are recognised as best in class, and the gains made in market share. If you would likely to be considered for this Project Engineer role, please apply now!