West Midlands, England
£28000 - £32000 per annum + Bonus + Pension
6 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
I current have a unique opportunity with a global, blue-chip food and drink manufacturer who produce some of the UK's most loved brands. Due to an internal promotion there is an opening for a Microbiology Scientist to join their team.
The role will involve moving away from practical lab work to focus more on investigating trends in the micro status of products, method development and validation as a means of continuous improvement in the department.
- Audit processes to identify microbiological risk, coordinate microbiological continuous improvement activities and implement agreed solutions
- Lead on projects where microbiological performance is the key indicator
- Develop and implement alternative microbiological methods, standards and specifications to improve products and processes
- Lead in the validation of new equipment, methods, technology and media to maintain microbiological Performance
- Undertake microbiological risk awareness training with the production teams to ensure risks to microbiological quality are understood
- Ensure all validated methods are documented within the quality system
- Responsible for Product Safety and Product Quality as defined by regulatory and local procedures.
- The job holder is required to manage cross functional teams working on continuous improvement and implementation of the outcomes
- To ensure that the Microbiology laboratory works to continually improve the methods and services offered to the business
- A degree in a microbiology related science
- Practical Micro lab experience.
- A willingness to learn more about validation and CI.
- A good working knowledge of HACCP, Quality Systems (e.g. ISO, BRC), Lab accreditation (e.g. UKAS, CLAS), GLP (good laboratory practice) and continuous improvement techniques
For more info get in touch with Dan Diggle at Core Talent Recruitment