- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM
- Function: Software Engineer
- Contact: Jonathan Mulligan
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Client: Meritor
- Expiry Date: 05 February 2022
- Job Ref: 29690/001_1641480762
Motor Controls Engineer
My client are a leading Tier 1 supplier based in Michigan and looking for the services of a Motor Controls Engineer to help assist and support their fast growing electrification powertrain department.
Responsible for motor control algorithm development for electric powertrain controls applications from concept to production. Develop core motor control software for traction applications for heavy commercial duty vehicles.
* Develop control software for PMSM motor application
* Define requirements for motor control software and interfacing hardware components including voltage and current sensors, power stages, speed sensors
* Lead core algorithm development and diagnostics for motor control applications with integrated transmission systems
* Develop, test, and validate motor control algorithms in the laboratory and in-vehicle
* Lead development of electronics DFMEA's and provide input to system DFMEA's
* Develop ISO 26262 work products to meet electrified powertrain functional safety compliance
* Provide input to DVP&R's in coordination with validation engineers
* Collaborate with software and mechatronic teams in order to find cross-functional solutions
* Lead customer interface for electronics through the development cycle and post production support
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE:
* Masters or Ph.D in Science in Electrical Engineering or Power Electronics
* 3+ years of motor control algorithm development experience in automotive industry
* Strong fundamentals of AC electric motors and drive systems analysis, modelling and control
* Experience with software, modelling and simulation tools like Matlab/Simulink/PLECS
* Experience with power-electronics and high voltage traction inverter
* Experience in embedded system designs including micro-controllers, DSP and basic electric circuits
* Experience with real time controls for powertrain control modules
* Experience with CAN, LIN, UART serial communication systems
Our client is looking to hire a number of suitable candidates as soon as possible.
If you know of someone within your network who would be interested in this opportunity then we would like to speak to them. If you refer your friend then we offer a $1000 referral for every successful candidate.