Walsall, West Midlands
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
25 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL MANUFACTURING BUSINESS
£45,000- £50,000+ Bonus & Benefits
Fantastic Opportunity!! We are working with an industry leading Engineering business who are currently looking to recruit an MP&L Manager to join their senior management team. This business have an industry leading range of products and have an impressive growth strategy that will enable excellent opportunities for growth and progression.
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the MP&L Manager will be responsible for managing the business supply chain. Key functions will include: material control processes, inventory management, forecasting, vendor selection and management, scheduling and factory planning, development of supply chain strategy and continuous improvement.
- Manage the MRP module of the ERP system to ensure accurate and timely delivery of materials to meet the production plan & customer orders, Coordinate the achievement and maintenance of specified inventory targets through the use of appropriate optimization tools, Co-ordinate SIOP Supply Management activities and manage the monthly business planning process of SIOP.
- Provide visibility of supply, delivery and capacity planning to the SIOP process.
- Provide training, motivation and support to all of the team
- Contribute supply chain information regarding short term material availability, capacity and constraints for the weekly PSI (Production, Sales and Inventory) review meeting
- Collaborate with cross functional team to meet the expectations of the customer base
- Analyze and maintain MRP master data parameters for all stock
The ideal MP&L manager will need to have worked in a high volume manufacturing environment, ideally engineering, where they have overseen the end to end process (planning, materials, warehousing, procurement etc). Key attributes for this Planning Manager role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years' experience within Supply Chain function
- Experienced in supervision/ management of small teams
- Background working across Material planning/ Logistics & Warehousing
- Willingness to work 'hands on' across the wider business when necessary
- Self-starter with high energy levels, personal drive and commitment
- Experienced user of MRP systems
The business has cemented a reputation for being a true market leader in their field. Their strategic vision over the next 5 years will see them further enhance that reputation, with plans for significant growth and expansion. In order to do this, the business recognise the need to attract the best possible people into their senior team. On top of this being a fantastic career opportunity, the business are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and package. If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply now.