Manchester, Greater Manchester
£34000 - £35000 per annum + pension, product allowance, flexi time
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Multi-Skilled Engineer - DAYS BASED (35 hours a week)
We are currently looking for an Multi-Skilled Engineer for a globally successful and industry leading manufacturing business. This is a FMCG environment, highly rewarding with excellent opportunity for training and development.
We are looking for a Multi-skilled Engineer, with a working experience in highly automated manufacturing environment.
This is a DAYS based role offering flexi time in a high speed production environment working as part of a highly committed and talented team, with fantastic support and a genuine desire to get better. With huge investment in assets and people now is a perfect time to join the business.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, the maintenance engineer/technician will be responsible for:
- Electrical and Mechanical maintenance - able to establish and carry out electrical maintenance plans, supporting the preventative maintenance (PM) being carried out during maintenance shifts.
- Solve complex problems utilising data and converting them into solutions through partnership with your colleagues
- Manage PLC and Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition Networks
- Reactive, proactive, mindset with strong problem solving ability.
- Continuous Improvement mindset - Support improvement agenda for area utilising the correct tools and techniques to achieve low downtime
- Electrical Skills - Remove and replace major electrical components (such as motors, switch/control gear) and troubleshoot electrical circuits safely. Able to isolate machinery and re-install electrical supplies for machinery components.
- Hands on Experience within manufacturing environment for 4+ years
- Recognised engineering qualification (NVQ, HNC, HND, Apprenticeship, Degree, 17th Edition etc)
- Must be operating at a skilled level in electrical and/or mechanical disciplines
- Experience of working as part of an extended team within the manufacturing sector.
- Strong coaching and communication skills.
- Proven analytical skills.