- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing, Automation Engineering
- Function: Mech/Elec Engineers
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 11 February 2022
- Job Ref: 29722/001_1641985619
Multiskilled Maintenance Control Technician
Global Manufacturing Company
£40,000 - £45,000 dependent on experience
A global Manufacturer based in Liverpool are recruiting for a Multi-Skilled Maintenance Engineer to join their expanding business. The business are a true market leader in their field and have recently invested in cutting edge equipment at their state of the art facility in Merseyside. This is a great opportunity for a career focused, Multi-Skilled Engineer looking to gain career development and progression opportunities!
You will be responsible for maximising the operational availability of and correct functioning production equipment and site services. You will also be responsible of planned and responsive maintenance of machines on a daily basis. Other responsibilities include:
- Provide support for machine installations, including lifting and placement, levelling and alignment, connection of services (power, air, water)
- Ensures the integrity and correct functioning of machine guarding, interlocks and safety devices
- Ensure operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by undertaking preventive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Ensures operation of machinery and mechanical equipment by undertaking preventive and reactive maintenance activities.
- Understanding the design and operation of equipment by pro-active familiarisation. Reading and correctly interpreting engineering specifications, design drawings, operations manuals & manufacturer's instructions
- Making running adjustments to parts of devices and control instruments to ensure correct function
- Fabricating repair parts where appropriate, by using machine shop equipment
- HNC or equivalent in Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering
- Time served maintenance technician with 5 years related industrial maintenance experience or equivalent
- Fabrication shop skills (sheet metalwork bending and forming, welding, hand felting/grinding, painting)
- Mechanical installation and fitting - machines fixing in location, leveling and alignment, machine sub-assembly and mechanical modification
- Electrical installations and wiring - practical familiarity with European and international standards and installation practice
- Practical knowledge of pneumatics, hydraulics and electrical/electronic motion control systems. Specific experience with troubleshooting and repairing motors and drives.is essential. Specific experience with Allen Bradley motor drives is desirable.
- Practical understanding of PLC systems - ability to interrogate, identify and correct errors. Specific experience with Allen Bradley is desirable
- Practical experience with industrial robotics - Specific expertise with FANUC SCARA robots and multi-axis palletizing robots is desirable
This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!