I am currently looking for a Contract Aerospace Buyer for a key client of Core Talent's based in Cheshire.
The role is an initial 3 month contract with high likelihood of extension(previous person extended twice).
The Job Brief is below - if this looks like a good fit for you reply with an up to date CV for a call back TODAY.
You will provide dedicated support to the NPI programmes. Manage the Bid/RFQ inputs from SC team as well as providing commodity/contract support to direct and indirect procurement teams
* Responsible for developing strategy for New Product Introduction product and service providers (whether Programme Transfers or new designs) and ensuring appropriate agreements and contracts are in place, in line with the team strategy where applicable.
* Support Supplier selection, performance and development, contributing and attending supplier business reviews when required.
* Responsible for supporting and improving the business Bid & Contract review processes
* Negotiating best cost, delivery terms and payment terms.
* Identification, mitigation and reporting of supply chain risk.
* Development of supply chain strategy in support of TIS-A&C business needs, including implementation of Initiatives for commercial contracts and preferred suppliers, in conjunction with Indirect & Strategic Procurement Manager.
* Development of effective processes and procedures for handover to Direct Procurement team as programme moves from development into production.
* Input to SIOP process for NPI programmes
* Close liaison with Direct and Strategic teams to ensure joined up approach to improvement activity planning
* Work proactively with minimal supervision, reporting as appropriate. A high sense of urgency, accountability, and commitment to delivering value to the organization
* Ability to read and translate Engineering drawings and documentation
* Exposure and experience in global and diverse manufacturing and assembly environments
* Excellent Communication and inter-personal skills with internal and external stakeholders
* Proven track record of negotiation and strong problem-solving skills
* Task / Achievement focussed - Attention to detail and demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
* Previous experience in supplier management negotiations
* Excellent negotiating skills
* Strong Project management skills