Manchester, Greater Manchester
£20000 - £25000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Operational Buyer - 12 month FTC
This is an opportunity to join a global leader in the speciality chemicals industry with turnover of €9billion+ operations in 33 countries worldwide.
This position will be working within the raw materials category of the business and buying day to day ingredients needed in the plant.
- Prepare, review, issue and manage purchase orders and various purchasing agreements etc for raw materials and indirect goods and services from an established range of suppliers, ensuring proper authorizations received prior to raising purchase orders based on approved requisitions.
- Support procurement team to source materials and services required for the sites in line with corporate governance policies and procedures
- Monitor supplier delivery performance through SAP and other reports and expedite and resolve issues as necessary to ensure the effective delivery of all agreed services to internal customers at the required standards
- Establish effective relationships and proactively participate in the culture of excellent service.
- Monitor stocks and initiate orders within the established guidelines
- Carry out basic economic/spend analysis, market/competition analysis, and supplier analysis and provide data to support procurement department reporting
- Carry out basic tactical price and contract negotiations
- Implement basic sourcing strategies to deliver lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in assigned area
- Liaise with Strategic Sourcing management for the region or assigned business unit
- Previous procurement experience in a business environment is preferred
- Experience in negotiating
- Good analytical skills
- Good SAP and business software computer skills required to maintain databases and develop spreadsheets
- Procurement qualifications are advantageous
For more info get in touch at