- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Operations Manager
- Contact: Jasmine Bartkiw
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 31 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28773/002_1625125453
Leading Engineering Manufacturing Business
Up to £60,000 + Bonus + Benefits
Fantastic new opportunity! This role is working for a leading manufacturer of security based products, who are looking for a dynamic and career driven Operations Manager to join their site senior leadership team. With the business projecting exciting growth plans over the next 3 years, It's a fantastic opportunity that will offer genuine opportunities for career development and progression.
As Operations Manager, the role will report directly to the MD and assume complete responsibility for a site producing high volume products into a range of industries. Through the leadership of your team, with around 125 staff across operations, you will drive efficiency improvements across the operation whilst maintaining optimum output that fulfils all sales orders, on time and in full. Key duties will include;
- Developing a high-performing set of direct reports.
- Developing, executing and evaluating an operations strategy that supports company objectives.
- Ensuring stretch targets for production output are met in the most efficient way possible.
- Identifying, launching and managing efficiency initiatives and projects.
- Ensuring quality controls are in place and quality issues are correctly actioned.
- Ensuring lean principles and 5S discipline are practiced in all areas of operation.
The ideal Operations manager will need to have strong communication skills and be career driven. Key requirements for the role will include;
- Minimum 2 years+ experience in an Operations Management role or similar
- Must be experienced in engineering based environments (Ideally electro- mechanical/ assembly/ automotive)
- Strong leadership qualities
- Ability to communicate ideas clearly at all levels
- Comfortable with modern Lean manufacturing practices
The successful Operations Manager will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!