Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£55000 - £65000 per annum + Excellent Package
7 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
LEADING ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£55,000- £65,000+ EXCELLENT PACKAGE/ BENEFITS
NEW ROLE!! We are recruiting for an Operations Manager for our client, an industry leading Engineering business supplying key products into a range of industries including Automotive, Oil & Gas and Medical Device. They have a strong portfolio of Blue Chip customers on a global scale and are going through unprecedented year on year growth!
Reporting directly to the European Manufacturing Director, the Operations Manager will be overseeing the performance of all areas across manufacturing, including the machine shop, testing & Inspection and Engineering. The business manufacture bespoke products and have very recently invested significantly in new equipment for the site and will need the incoming Operations Manager to be a key member of its successful implementation. On top of Key KPI's centred around OTIF, Quality, Health & Safety and cost reduction, other responsibilities will include;
- To determine and manage production schedules and resource plans in line with our Quality Management System (QMS ) so that all products are produced on time and are of the correct quality and at optimum cost efficiency.
- To work closely with production planning to develop and implement a stock and materials strategy to ensure accurate inventory and continuous flow to packing and shipping to meet production demand.
- To create a 'centre of excellence' ideology within Operations through perfect visualization, 5S management and continuous improvements
- To ensure appropriate communication channels are established and maintained to the customer and internal stakeholders including the Senior Management Team (SMT)
- To liaise directly with the Maintenance department as Operations Manager, to ensure that all machines are kept within the specified planned maintenance schedules.
- To manage the development of the team in line with performance management procedures within the business.
The ideal Operations Manager will have a strong background within in Engineering environments, and be confident communicating at all levels.
- Experienced overseeing teams across Engineering & Operations
- Exposure to working in CNC Machining environments a distinct advantage
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques and practices
- Ability to lead and develop teams
- Strong communication skills
- Degree/ Industry qualifications (NEBOSH/ SIX Sigma) preferred, but not essential
This company have a market leading reputation with a blue chip customer base on a global scale. They have ambitious plans to grow, with double digit growth already behind them and a full order boding well for the future. The business have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, training & development and has an excellent culture. If you feel you are suitable for this exciting Manufacturing Manager opportunity, please apply now!