Rochdale, Greater Manchester
£35000 - £45000 per annum
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Packaging Purchasing Manager
A chemical manufacturer seeking to appoint a Packaging Purchasing Manager to take responsibility for purchasing a portfolio of packaging and raw materials used at the company's plants, and manufacturers. To be considered for the opportunity you must possess recent experience working within packaging industry.
- Manage supplier relationships to negotiate and maintain price and supply conditions ensuring commercial terms are optimized, supply maintained, contracts implemented as appropriate and SAP data maintained.
- Ensure packaging, raw materials, finished product and consumables are purchased at the most competitive price, delivered on time for production and at the expected quality.
- Foster close working relationships with other departments - Commercial, Materials Management, Manufacturing, Technical and Finance.
- Responsible for sourcing activity on new and existing business, covering packaging, raw materials and other strategic supplies.
- Work with the supplier base to identify both new sources of existing packaging and new technologies which may bring advantage to the business.
- Support on-going product development and cost reduction efforts by partnering with suppliers, Sales & Marketing and Operational departments to develop mutually beneficial strategies.
- Consult with Technical and Manufacturing, investigating and resolving quality issues quickly and effectively.
- Coordinate with the Manufacturing, Commercial and Finance teams for the smooth flow of the supply chain.
- Continually improve purchasing methods and drive down external spend.
- Ensure all administrative procedures and requirements are actioned promptly.
Buyer Education & Experience:
- Degree level or professional qualification preferably in procurement/supply chain
- Strong communication, negotiation and organizational skills with relevant or related experience.
- Ability to multi-task and problem solve with the capability to work under pressure.
- Energetic, self-starter with a can-do attitude and "hands on" approach
- Strong commercial and financial acumen
- Advanced level Microsoft Office (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, as a minimum)
For more info contact Dan Diggle at Core Talent