- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM, Automotive
- Function: Mechanical Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: asap
- Expiry Date: 17 September 2021
- Job Ref: 28841/001_1629290297
Paint Process Technical Manager
£55,000 - £65,000
We are currently looking for an experienced Paint Technical Manager for our global automotive client who specialise in litigates, exterior trims and aerodynamic systems based in Liverpool. This is a permanent role with salaries ranging from £55,000 - £65,000 per annum.
You will be responsible for the general day to day operations of the pant plant as well as providing technical application support to the production & project departments. Other responsibilities include:
- Liaises with all other internal paint departments and attends production meetings to improve SQTCM
- Communicates to team all local issues following SQTCM
- Health and safety - risk assessments, audits, accident reporting, PPE and process adherence for associated team
- champion for work area working to company 5s system
- Lead CI initiatives within the associated area to improve SQCDM
- Creates quick changeover repairs for breakdowns and stoppages for application equipment and processes
- Improves TPM on application related equipment
- Process observations and feedback to paint programmers - Paint kitchen - Maintenance teams
- Control consumable stocks and spares required to run the area on min and Max levels
- Optimises colour change waste cost on application equipment
- Gun and bell development in all paint zones
- Ensures adequate service partners and emergency call out services are available 24 / 7
- Ensure compliance with company standards such as TS16949/ISO 18001 & IATF
- Minimum 5 years robot programming & paint application experience.
- Ability to optimise, back up & manage robot programs & files.
- Good mechanical aptitude at H.N.C Level or similar engineering discipline.
- Good decision making and problem solving skills.
- Good analytical skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a high turn over multi-batch production facility.
- Knowledge of automated colour measuring techniques.
The company is an automotive tier one supplier with contracts with major automotive OEM's. The company will offer you a chance to work in a fast paced environment with mapped out career development plans to help you gain more experience to move onto the next level in your career.