- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Project Controls Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 12 December 2021
- Job Ref: 29377/001_1636710619
Paper Materials Engineer
£Negotiable dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a Paper Materials Engineer for a global organisation who specialise within the manufacturing of packaging, paper and film based product. This is a permanent role based in Merseyside with a negotiable salary dependent on experience.
R&D leader that design new products and evaluates current products in protective packaging for paper-based packaging solutions, tree-free fiber papers, and adhesive tape backing substrates. Other Responsibilities include:
- Research and develop changes to existing products to comply with sustainability and circular economy trends such as tree-free fibers and recycled content papers.
- Research new product concepts in protective packaging for parcel shipments.
- Manage R&D projects from ideation to commercialization.
- Design product formulations for performance and cost savings.
- Work in cross-functional project teams as a materials expert.
- Develop trial plans and test plans for paper materials.
- Work with paper suppliers to design papers with the properties necessary for the product application.
- Create documents for test reports, product specs, formulations, Critical-to-Quality items, Engineering Change Notifications, costing information, etc.
- Attend R&D trials.
- Related tasks as requested by supervisor.
- Bachelor's degree in one of the following fields: Paper Science, Mechanical Engineering, Packaging Engineering, Material Science, or the like
- 1-5 years industry experience including internships
- Experience in design for manufacturability using paper materials
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs
- Required to travel up to 25%
- Excellent written and oral communications skills
- Exceptional organizational and time management skills
- Expertise in paper materials and design
- Experience with product design
- Experience with circular economy concepts
- Experience in corrugate industry
- Ability to effectively design and run a scientific experiment
- Experience with ISTA test procedures
- Excellence in project management
- Experience with material properties characterization techniques and interpretation
- Excellent team work and communication skills
- Excellent face-to-face interaction and presentation skills.
The successful Paper Materials Engineer will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!