- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: R&D Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 18 February 2024
- Job Ref: 32137/001_1705675880
PHD Optical Engineer
GLOBAL ENGINEERING ORGANISATION
Up to £40,000+ Bonus/ Excellent Benefits/ Hybrid working
Excellent Opportunity!! I am working with an industry leading engineering business who design and manufacture specialist class 4 laser products. They are extremely busy and are looking to recruit a career focused PHD qualified engineer to take on the role of Optical engineer, with a view to developing them into ta senior engineering position in the next few years.
With full training and development provided, this role will work closely with the Chief Technology officer and the wider engineering business with the view to taking responsibility for optical requirements capture, and then assisting the CTO in the delivery of all of the optics and photonics within the companies products to meet said requirements. This role is entirely technical and resides in the Research and Development space.
Once you have gone through a period of training , key duties in the role will start to focus on;
- Research and Development of new and existing optics within Sentinel's products.
- Liaising with the CTO to develop and deliver Sentinel's product roadmap.
- Assisting the CTO in the innovation and generation of new approaches in the fields of laser detection, protection, and engagement.
- Maintenance and quality control of optics within existing products, in high volume production.
- Develop products in-line with the Engineering Manager's product roadmap.
- R&D to improve optical and sensing components within company products.
- Investigate novel optics, sensors and materials for Sentinel's products.
- Support the innovation of new laser detection, protection and engagement technologies.
- Support the development and improvement of existing products.
The ideal optical engineer will be career driven and keen to develop and progress themselves. Ideal criteria for this role
- PHD qulaified in relevant scientific field s essential
- Any relevant industry experience gained would be considered advantageous
- Basic Experience in programming languages for automation, i.e. Python or Lab-View.
This business has cemented a reputation for being a true market leader in their field. Their strategic vision over the next 5 years will see them further enhance that reputation, with plans for significant growth and expansion. In order to do this, the business recognise the need to attract the best possible people into their senior team. On top of this being a fantastic career opportunity, the business are willing to offer a highly competitive salary and package. If you are interested in this opportunity then please apply now.