- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Operations Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 22 October 2021
- Job Ref: 28844/002_1632309581
Global Manufacturing Business
£100,000+ Car & Excellent Package & Benefits
Unique career opportunity! We have partnered exclusively with a $1bn turnover manufacturing business who have a state of the art facility based in the Liverpool area, who are looking to recruit a Plant Director to form part of the executive leadership team for Europe.
Reporting to the Group Operations Director, this role will establish the plant's strategic goals and objectives and ensure alignment with the business team.
- Complete ownership of Site P&L
- Setting of standards for safety, quality, productivity, service and costs using competitive knowledge and industry information
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve plant performance
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders
- Support and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet the goals of the Company e.g. lean manufacturing and embedding continuous improvement into the day to day running of the site
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, overall equipment efficiency, waste, engineering effectiveness and human resources
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the plant is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment
The ideal Plant Director will be highly motivated and career driven. You should have worked in an environment where you have devised and led site strategy & growth objectives. Key criteria to be considered for the role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years+ experience working in a senior operations/ Plant leader
- Essential you are experienced in fast paced/ high volume manufacturing environments
- Strong understanding of modern lean manufacturing principles and practices
- Experience with operational performance systems
- Strong leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritisation and execution skills
- Educated to degree level would be an advantage
The successful Plant Directer will be joining a market leading organisation going through an exciting period of organic growth. They have ambitious plans over the next 5 years to open more manufacturing sites across Europe, giving genuine scope for future progression into group level roles in the future. This company also have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. If you are interested, then please apply now!