Leeds, West Yorkshire
£80000 - £90000 per annum + Car/ Bonus/ Benefits
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
PLANT MANAGER- PRECISION ENGINEERING
£80,000 - £90,000 plus Car/Bonus Scheme/ benefits
Excellent opportunity for a dynamic Plant Manager to join a forward thinking and fast growing Engineering business based in the West Yorkshire area.
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a global Engineering business, based in the Yorkshire region. Reporting to the Managing Director you will have full autonomy to manage the Manufacturing, Production, MP&L and Engineering functions. This role is well located and commutable from much of the surrounding area, the business is however open to speaking to those candidates looking to relocate.
You will take full P&L responsibility for the facility and have complete autonomy on site spend & investment. As the business continues to go through a period of significant expansion, key tasks will be to further implement a lean manufacturing strategy on the site and facilitate both process and cultural change to help the factory on its journey to world class.
Key accountabilities for the Plant Manager will include
- Full P&L responsibility
- Working with senior management team in identifying opportunities to streamline business processes
- Identifying each business unit strategic plan and working with management team to execute into defined operational plans.
- Leadership of the business unit and planning for long term organisational restructuring as business grows
- Working to establish culture of continuous business improvement
- As Plant manager, developing Business CAPEX plan
- Developing leadership and coaching programmes to increase employee effectiveness.
We are looking to recruit a Plant Manager who can lead, motivate and challenge a management team in a technical engineering environment going through significant growth. Key attributes for the role will include;
- Experienced Plant/ senior Operations management professional
- Strong background working in technical manufacturing/ mechanical engineering environments
- Ability to demonstrate excellent leadership qualities
- Track record of developing people
- Strong understanding of LEAN Manufacturing- reducing waste, improving processes and saving costs
- Degree level qualification essential
The company have gone through a significant period of growth in recent years and are set to continue on that path. As a result, they need an ambitious and highly motivated Plant Manager who can help them achieve their growth targets. They have a market leading reputation and are in the process and a truly global presence. Due to the scalability of this role, there is fantastic opportunities for further career progression. If you are interested in this fantastic Plant manager position, then please apply now