- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Plant Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 12 August 2021
- Job Ref: 28844/001_1626192927
Global Manufacturing Business
£80,000 - £90,000 + Car & Excellent Package & Benefits
We are working exclusively with a global manufacturing business who produce specialist products to a global customer base and are looking for a career driven Plant manager to lead their state of the art UK facility. Initially, you will be required to support the business through a major site project, before assuming a role to direct and control day to day all end to end plant operations.
Reporting to the VP of Operations, this role will establish the plant's strategic goals and objectives and ensure alignment with the business team.
- Actively pursue bench marking to set new standards for safety, quality, productivity, service and costs using competitive knowledge and industry information
- Set and maintain high safety standards ensuring proper accountability and implementing processes to eliminate unsafe work practices
- Develop and implement new business strategies for creating or improving processes and procedures to improve plant performance
- Meet regularly with department heads/business unit leaders
- Support and develop policies, procedures and systems to meet the goals of the Company e.g. lean manufacturing and embedding continuous improvement into the day to day running of the site
- Review and approve plans for the control of planned output, budget spending, overall equipment efficiency, waste, engineering effectiveness and human resources
- Budget preparation and monitoring of P&L
- Monitor financial performance to ensure the plant is meeting or exceeding budgetary commitment
The ideal plant manager for this role will be highly motivated and career driven. You should have worked in an environment where you have been strategically focused in developing processes to company growth plans. Key criteria to be consider for the role will be as follows;
- Minimum 5 years+ experience working in a senior management/ plant leadership role
- Essential you are experienced in fast paced manufacturing environments
- Good exposure to lean manufacturing principles and background implementing a lean culture
- Experience with operational performance systems
- Strong leadership skills, with a strong focus on plant and business processes.
- Sound analytical thinking, planning, prioritisation and execution skills
- Educated to degree level would be an advantage
The successful Plant Manager will be joining a market leading organisation going through an exciting period of organic growth. They have ambitious plans over the next 5 years to open more manufacturing sites across Europe, giving genuine scope for future progression into group level roles in the future. This company also have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. If you are interested, then please apply now!