South East England, England
£60000 - £80000 per annum
28 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
This is a chance to join a highly reputable flavour business who develop a range of natural extracts and flavours for the global food and drink industry.
This is a newly created role which will see you taking the lead with key accounts, managing & training a small innovation team (4 people) and also looking at continuous improvements and process improvements within the flavour lab.
- Create and develop speculatively and against customer briefs, highly innovative and commercially viable products ensuring new development samples are available for the QC dept. and customer sampling including in application.
- Manage allocated NPD projects utilising the Stage-Gate Process and liaising with colleagues around the business to ensure that all tasks within Stage 2 are completed to successfully move the project forward through Gate 2.
- Pro-active flavour creation to develop new and improved flavours for the library.
- Attending first productions to ensure the product is made to the correct quality for the customer brief and meets Manufacturability criteria
- Organoleptic assessment of competitors' products, evaluation of new and/or novel raw materials, studying new food/industry/technology trends to keep the company at the forefront of the flavour business
- Responsible for legal compliance of all departmental systems. Maintain BRC A grade status and eliminate audit non-conformances
- Supervision and training of the Innovations Technicians in flavour raw materials, flavour development techniques and flavour applications technology
- Training and mentoring of the flavourists
- Support Sales and Marketing in promoting and developing Ranges
- Accompany account managers to customer presentations, exhibitions and shows as required.
- Experienced Flavourist within beverage, savoury or sweet.
- Able to work cross functionally and happy to get involved in other areas of the business as a member of the senior management team.
- Experience managing a team would be desirable.
For more info get in touch with Dan Diggle at Core Talent