Leeds, W. Yorkshire, Yorkshire and the Humber, England
£80000 - £85000 per annum + Excellent Bonus Scheme
4 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£80,000- £85,000+ Excellent Bonus scheme & Benefits
Excellent Opportunity! We are looking for a Product Director to join the senior leadership of our client, a Global Engineering business who supply key products into the Oil & Gas industry!
Reporting to the MD, the product Director will be responsible for leading all aspects of product strategy for key products within their portfolio, including the management of the interface between worldwide sales team and plant.
Ensuring the external sales teams are trained in aspects of the product and coordinating promotion efforts of the product. Equally ensuring the service and support to external sales through Inside Sales team is to a high standard with fast response time on quote and managing margin to support bid competitiveness.
- To work with the External/Divisional sales teams to secure profitable orders in line with factory manufacturing capabilities
- To assist with end user and customer engagement, providing support for regional sales
- To manage product marketing including PR, advertising, literature, web site
- To lead Product Life Cycle Management - product planning and portfolio strategy - Product segmentation.
- Develop product roadmap for each product family to include new product development, value engineering and cost reduction activities, investment and resource prioritization and M&A activities to achieve year-over-year growth
- Assist with the Annual OE & Aftermarket Order Input
- Liaise with external sales and internal sales to ensure quotations are in line with customers' expectations
The ideal Product Director will be need to be detailed and proactive, with a drive to deliver results and a dynamic approach to problem solving. Key experiences will include;
- Strong experience and working knowledge of control valves
- Proven track record of developing a strategy for business growth
- Proven track record in a technical sales environment with a focus on Energy and Oil and Gas sectors
- Should be PC literate and confident with Microsoft Office packages
- Educated to HND level or above
Our client is a market leading, bespoke engineering business, with an extensive list of high profile customers. They are in a very healthy position, going through year on year growth, and have an excellent reputation for staff retention. This is due largely in part to the constant investment they place in their systems and their facilities, as well as their excellent working culture on site and incentives provided!