- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Operations Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 09 December 2021
- Job Ref: 29414/001_1636471462
Global Manufacturer- High Volume Injection Moulding
Commutable from Bedford/ Cambridge area
Circa £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
My client is a Global Manufacturing business who are looking to recruit a Production Manager to join their senior leadership team. This is a great role for an established Production Manager looking to join an industry leading business OR Production Supervisor/ Team Leader looking to take their next big career step!
This role will report to the Operations Director and will be centred around ensuring the timely delivery of products, ensuring Health & Safety, Quality and cost targets are being met. You will also be instrumental in driving continuous improvements initiatives across the site. Some key responsibilities for the Production Manager include:
- Full autonomy for the management and leadership of a team of around 20 Production staff, including Tooling, moulding & Print
- Achieving productivity targets, quality levels, ensuring exemplary health and safety of your team and delivering all this at the minimum costs.
- Improving the manufacturing operation performance and helping to support continuous improvement activities and lean manufacturing.
- This role will demand good process knowledge.
- Manage the team on technical best practice
- Responsible for supporting with change management within the business
The ideal Production Manager will be looking for a challenging role within an established organisation. The successful person needs to be competent in lean methodologies and change management.
Essentials for the successful Production Manager are:
- 5 years+ years' working in Production, within a fast paced manufacturing environment
- Exposure to plastic moulding/ print based manufacturing or similar
- Worked to team leader/ supervisory level
- Highly self-motivated
- Comfortable user of IT/ systems
The company are a truly global entity. Their facility is state of the art and the business have huge growth plans across the UK and Europe in the next 5 years, making this a really exciting time to be joining the business! On top of an excellent package (including excellent holiday allowance/ pension/ benefits etc.) the business will also be able to invest in your career development and progression. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply NOW