Leeds, West Yorkshire
£45000 - £55000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
PRODUCTION MANAGER- LEEDS
GLOBAL ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£45,000- £55,000+ EXCELLENT PACKAGE/ BENEFITS
Excellent opportunity! We are recruiting for an Production Manager for our client, an industry leading, Blue Chip Engineering businesses. This role has excellent opportunities for development and progression into wider operations management within the business.
Reporting directly to Manufacturing Director, the Production manager will be tasked with safely managing production, equipment, people and processes within the department to ensure that capacity is fully utilised and, where necessary, increased in-line with business demands. Some of the key responsibilities of the role will include;
- To determine and manage production schedules and resource plans so that all products are produced on time and are of the correct quality and at optimum cost efficiency.
- To create a 'centre of excellence' ideology within Production through perfect visualization, 5S management and continuous improvements.
- To liaise directly with the Maintenance department as Production Manager, to ensure that all machines are kept within the specified planned maintenance schedules.
- To manage the development of the team in line with performance management procedures within the business.
The ideal Production Manager will have a strong background in Engineering environments, ideally working with products supplied into Oil & Gas Industries. Key experience will include;
- Experienced production Manager (Or equivalent)
- Back ground working in Engineering Manufacturing environments essential
- Strong Leadership qualities, with a proven track record of developing teams of people
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques and practices
- Strong communication skills
- Degree/ Industry qualifications (NEBOSH/ SIX Sigma) preferred, but not essential
This company have a market leading reputation with a blue chip customer base on a global scale. They have ambitious plans to grow, with double digit growth already behind them and a full order boding well for the future. The business have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, training & development and has an excellent culture. If you feel you are suitable for this exciting Production Manager opportunity, please apply now!