- Sector: Tier 1, Tier 2, OEM, Engineering & Manufacturing, Mechanical & Electrical , Automotive
- Function: Process Improvement Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 31 July 2021
- Job Ref: 28708/001_1625135903
Production Process Engineer
6 Month FTC with likelihood of Temp to Perm
£35,000 - £40,000 (pro rata)
We are currently looking for a number of production process engineers for a global coach building company who is in the process of manufacturing and producing electrical (EV) public transport vehicles based in Yorkshire. This is a 6 month fixed term contract with possibilities of temp to perm and extensions with a starting salary of £35,000 - £40,000 pro rata.
Reporting to the Process Engineering Manager you will implement and improve standardised vehicle build processes by working closely with Design Engineering and Production, studying the product and manufacturing methods.
Other duties include but are not limited to:
- Evaluate manufacturing processes by performing time and method study, designing and conducting fact finding studies; applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials; liaise with suppliers and actively engage with Design Engineering and Production Operatives.
- Develop build processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing build methodology and the use of appropriate tooling; confer with suppliers and contractors involved in the build process.
- Assure product and process quality by implementing Standard Operating Procedures
- Mentor colleagues working in the production environment on the principals of 'Right First Time' and the agreed processes.
- Provide process engineering information by answering questions and requests from Production Operatives, Production Management, Quality and Design Engineering
Based out of the Sherburn office, the ideal Production Support Engineer will have the following skills and experience;
- Experience in process engineering or manufacturing roles.
- Practical Problem Solving (PPS) methods
- Good knowledge of engineering methods and procedures, manufacturing quality, product development. Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA), Process Control Plan (CP), Process Flow Diagram (PFD), Manufacturing BOM.
- Experience in automobile, Coach Building / Vehicle Body Building in process engineering and manufacturing would be beneficial
The company is a fast moving company with in the public transport sector and are currently working on numerous projects in the Yorkshire area and Transport for London. They are a leading EV manufacturer in the public transport sector. They pride themselves on customer focus and strive for team spirit and excellence from their employees