Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£30000 - £35000 per annum + $ day working week+ Benefits
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR- SHEFFIELD
LEADING PRECISION ENGINEERING BUSINESS
£30,000- £35,000+ EXCELLENT PACKAGE/ BENEFITS (4 day working week- Mon- Thu)
Excellent opportunity! Working a 4 day week (days based), we are recruiting for a Production Supervisor for our client, an industry leading, Blue Chip Engineering businesses. This role has excellent opportunities for development and progression into wider operations management within the business.
In a busy engineering environment and reporting directly to the Operations Manager, the Production Supervisor will be an integral member of the management team, being tasked with ensuring site productivity, health & Safety and cost targets are all consistently met. You will be assuming responsibility for the day to day activities of a team of circa 15. Key responsibilities will be as follows;
- Organising and directing a team of production operatives to meet production targets on a daily basis.
Working with the wider Production/ Engineering teams to identify LEAN improvement opportunities
- Supporting a team of staff to ensure all reviews, holidays and paperwork is completed
- Participating and developing production techniques.
- Managing quality control, production levels, stock control and allocation of work.
- Communication with other departments to ensure continuity of production
The ideal Production Supervisor will have a strong background working in in Engineering Manufacturing environments. Key experiences required will include;
- Experienced Supervising/ managing a production team within an Engineering environment
- Must have a hands-on approach to work
- Ability to show good people management skills
- Good understanding of modern lean manufacturing techniques and practices
- Strong communication skills
- Industry qualifications/ Apprenticeship preferred, but not essential
This company have a market leading reputation with a blue chip customer base on a global scale. They have ambitious plans to grow, with double digit growth already behind them and a full order boding well for the future. The business have a fantastic reputation for staff retention, training & development and has an excellent culture. If you feel you are suitable for this exciting Production Supervisor opportunity, please apply now!