- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Project Engineer
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 12 June 2021
- Job Ref: 28018/001_1620923677
Project Engineer- 9 month contract
Leading FMCG Business
Competitive day rate based on experience
A leading branded client of ours is looking for a Contract Project Engineer to join their growing business, a newly created role to support the expansion plans they currently have underway! It's a fantastic opportunity to join a thriving business who can offer long term opportunities for development!
With the support of the Project Manager, the Project Engineer will work closely within an engineering team delivering significant CAPEX projects on site. This role also includes supporting other functions in the plant, e.g. safety initiatives, project engineering, environmental compliance, and production to meet the plant's needs and goals.
- Performing various evaluations and calculations, e.g. sizing equipment, mass and energy balances, and fluid flows.
- Manage capital project budgets including forecasting
- Planning resources and schedules for assigned projects
- Drive improvements in safety, quality, plant availability, production rates, and production costs.
- Maintain proper documentation for projects including equipment drawings, P&IDs, and plots
- Developing equipment specifications and installation requirements and ensuring that the equipment is safe and meets the needs of manufacturing.
- Support production engineers, maintenance, and other plant functions when needed, both capital and non-capital jobs.
- Troubleshooting equipment and developing permanent solutions to recurring issues.
- Participate in OPEX, Six Sigma, and lean activities to sustain continuous improvement.
They will be looking for career driven engineers who meet the following criteria;
- 2 years+ experience as a minimum in a project engineering role
- Must be experienced working on Capex based projects in some form of manufacturing environment
- Excellent communication skills and ability to work well with wider team
- The ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and use problem solving tools.
- Educated the HNC level or above
This is an excellent opportunity to work in a thriving business with an extensive customer portfolio. They have a superb track record for developing their people, making this a brilliant opportunity for career driven individuals! If you are interested, then please apply NOW!