- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Project Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 04 February 2022
- Job Ref: 29682/001_1641409709
Project Engineering Manager
Leading Manufacturing Business
£60,000+ Car+ Bonus + Benefits
Fantastic opportunity! We are recruiting a key role for a leading Manufacturing business who supply specialist products to a wide ranging customer base across the world.
The role will be responsible for the overall success of significant capital and process development projects. Reporting to the UK Operations Director, forming part of the sites leadership team, you will take accountability for a skilled engineering team. The role encompasses leading the process development, maintenance and capital projects; monitoring progress and performance against the project plan; identifying and resolving problems and minimising delays. Key duties will focus around;
- To lead, direct, evaluate, and develop the process and maintenance associates to ensure that tasks are completed on-time, within budget and according to project specifications.
- Develop scope projects through preparation and develop project requirements together with the process engineers.
- Plan and drive all activities of a project and of the project engineers in order to achieve successful outcomes for highly complex engineering and/or process development projects.
- Set maintenance standards and manage the PPM/TPM requirements
- Make work packages, descriptions, estimate and calculate costs. Support suppliers' selection and management of contractors, taking account of the HSEQ factors.
- Co-ordinate projects by defining milestones and generating time schedules. Provide process control quality plans, eventual integration into overall plan in order to achieve targeted timeline
- Supervise projects and ensure internal and external stakeholders receive regular reports/updates.
- Manage assigned team members to ensure individual and team project-related targets are met.
- Set maintenance standards and manage the PPM/TPM requirements for the site.
The ideal Engineering Manager will need to have strong communication skills and be career driven. Key requirements for the role will include;
- Experienced leading teams within engineering functions
- Successful track record of defining & leading process and capital project work.
- Exposure to fast paced manufacturing environments (Industrial/ FMCG/ Packaging for example)
- Working knowledge of 5s, Six Sigma, Lean manufacturing techniques
- Compliance with all relevant legislation (engineering, HSE, etc)
- Must be educated to HNC level or above (or equivalent) in relevant engineering discipline
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is newly created role and there are already plans in place to for promotion opportunities. If you are interested, then please apply now!