£20000 - £24000 per annum + Excellent Benefits Package
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Purchasing Assistant- Engineering
£20,000- £24,000+ Excellent Benefits
We are working with a fast growing, industry leading engineering business who have a superb opportunity for a Purchasing Assistant to join their team. This is a fantastic role located in their Modern offices in the Preston area.
The Purchasing Assistant/ Buyer will be an integral member of the Supply chain team, offering valued support to all the purchasing activities. Key duties will include;
- Importing of Bill Of Materials and management of Updates to ensure that purchasing is in-line with latest project revisions
- Identification and reconciliation of procurement requirements for projects
- Preparation of requests for quotation (RFQs)
- Review of quotations and issue of purchase orders along with engineering drawings and product specifications
- Purchasing of mechanical (both bought-in and out-sourced) components
- Progressing of purchase orders to ensure purchasing schedules meet project requirements
The ideal Purchasing assistant will have excellent organisational skills and be comfortable working in a fast paced environments. Experienced required will be as follows;
- Minimum 1 years' experience in a purchasing related position
- Recent experience within tan engineering/manufacturing industry
- Basic understanding of the "buying process" from order to invoice.
- Computer literate
- Numeracy and literary skills,
- Working knowledge of MRP systems
- Degree or other relevant qualification
This is a fast growing Engineering business who have exciting plans for expansion in 2019. As such, it's an excellent time to be joining as a Purchasing Assistant as the business will be able to provide industry leading training and future career progression. If you are interested in this unique role, then please apply NOW, for consideration.