- Sector: Life Sciences
- Function: Procurment Director
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 03 November 2021
- Job Ref: 29258/001_1633345765
PURCHASING DIRECTOR- LEADING MEDICAL DEVICE BUSINESS
LEICESTER (FLEXIBLE/ HYBRID WORKING OPPORTUNITIES AVAILABLE)
£80,000- £90,000+ CAR+ Bonus/ Benefits
Fantastic new opportunity! We are partnered with a leading Medical Device Business who provide specialist products to a truly Global customer base! This role could be suited to a senior level Purchasing professional looking for their first step into directorship, or someone already operating at that level. The business are headquarted in Leicester but can offer Hybrid working arrangements.
As the Purchasing Director, you will form part of the business executive leadership team and lead all purchasing activity for this facility. You will coordinate Purchasing strategies at Group level and have autonomy for the strategic spend on site (circa £30m annually). Key accountabilities will be as follows;
- Develop & maintain strategic supplier relationships.
- Co-ordinate and manage site Purchasing activities (procurement, negotiation, warranties and claims on suppliers).
- Lead Purchasing team including end to end Purchasing process
- Monitor supplier performance, communicate ranking with suppliers to enable continuous improvement
- Liaise with Global Sourcing to ensure effective co-ordination of essential site purchasing activities, global contracts & purchasing improvement projects
The ideal purchasing Director will be career driven and seeking a challenging role within an established organisation. Requirements for this role are as follows
- Senior purchasing professional with extensive understanding of Medical Device market (quality a& regulatorary standards)
- Essential you have experience with far east sourcing
- Strong exposure to strategically managing spend/ sourcing suppliers/ agreeing commercial terms
- Competent IT/ ERP/ MRP user
- People management experience is not essential
- Degree/ CIPS Qualification preferred, but not essential.
The company are a truly global entity. Their facility in Liverpool Is state of the art and the business have huge growth plans across the UK and Europe in the next 5 years, making this a really exciting time to be joining the business! On top of an excellent package (including excellent holiday allowance/ pension/ benefits etc.) the business will also be able to invest in your career development and progression. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply NOW!