West Midlands, England
£90000 - £100000 per annum
5 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
c£90,000/£100,000 plus strong benefits package
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a market leading multi-national Automotive manufacturer based in the West Midlands area as Purchasing Director. The business is undergoing a number of key strategic operational changes and require an established Automotive Purchasing Director to align the required purchasing strategy and implement with the support of a developed purchasing function. This role is well positioned in the Midlands and commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Telford, Wolverhampton, Worcester, south Derbyshire, south Staffordshire and the surrounding area.
Reporting to the VP Global Purchasing, as a Purchasing Director for this leading Automotive supplier in the West Midlands area, you will be challenged with leading the business through a period of change and required to pull together a robust purchasing strategy to facilitate this change for all UK operations. As part of this you will be required to take cost out of the business and the supply base, strategically manage a large UK team and the implement long term and robust agreements with customers and suppliers. You will need to be able to operate with autonomy in the UK corporate structure and take ownership of all direct and indirect purchasing activity of the UK plants and facilities.
This role will require international supplier and customer visits using initiative and engineering / industry knowledge to build on relationships. In this role, you will also be looking to develop and drive a continuous improvement culture within the purchasing function and ensure all activity is focused around this. Through your team of c25 heads, you will -
- Ensure that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications
- Drive quality improvements and compliance
- Work closely with developers, engineers and the project team for supplier exit strategies
We are looking to recruit an experienced Automotive Purchasing Director for our client in the West Midlands area who has operated at Purchasing Director or Head of Purchasing level. The ideal Purchasing Director will need to have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 5 years + experience of purchasing in an Automotive environment
- 3 years + in a Purchasing Director or Head of Purchasing capacity
- Experience of both strategic and operational management of a team in excess of 10 heads, with strong management skills - able to coach and mentor staff to higher levels of achievement
- An engineering related degree and preferably MCIPS qualified
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong ERP/MRP and IT skills (excel)
- An understanding of lean techniques and global sourcing
Candidates without experience of the automotive industry at OEM or Tier 1 level will unfortunately not be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities in the wider group should you deliver. This role is well positioned in the Midlands and commutable from Birmingham, Coventry, Telford, Wolverhampton, Worcester, south Derbyshire, south Staffordshire and the surrounding area. Candidates open to working away from home Monday/Friday are welcome to apply.