- Sector: Consumer Goods
- Function: Purchasing Manager
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 20 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29146/001_1632128903
Global Manufacturing Business- FMCG/ PACKAGING
£70,000+ Bonus/ Benefits
Fantastic new opportunity! We are working exclusively with a Global manufacturer of consumer products who have a newly created UK Purchasing Manager role within their Liverpool facility. This is is a great opportunity for a career focused individual looking for a challenging role with excellent development and progression opportunities.
As the Purchasing Manager, you will form part of the site senior leadership team and lead all purchasing activity for this facility. You will coordinate Purchasing strategies at Group level and have autonomy for the strategic spend on site (circa 30m annually). Key accountabilities will be as follows;
- Develop & maintain strategic supplier relationships.
- Co-ordinate and manage site Purchasing activities (procurement, negotiation, warranties and claims on suppliers).
- Lead Purchasing team including end to end Purchasing process
- Monitor supplier performance, communicate ranking with suppliers to enable continuous improvement
- Liaise with Global Sourcing to ensure effective co-ordination of essential site purchasing activities, global contracts & purchasing improvement projects
The ideal purchasing Manager will be career driven and seeking a challenging role within an established organisation. Requirements for this role are as follows
- Minimum 5 years' experience in a Purchasing role
- Must be experienced within manufacturing (Ideally having exposure to sourcing Paper/ packaging/ plastics/ adhesives consumables, for example)
- Strong exposure to strategically managing spend/ sourcing suppliers/ agreeing commercial terms
- Competent ERP/ MRP user
- People management experience is not essential
- Degree/ CIPS Qualification preferred, but not essential.
The company are a truly global entity. Their facility in Liverpool Is state of the art and the business have huge growth plans across the UK and Europe in the next 5 years, making this a really exciting time to be joining the business! On top of an excellent package (including excellent holiday allowance/ pension/ benefits etc.) the business will also be able to invest in your career development and progression. If you are interested in this excellent opportunity, please apply NOW!