Leeds, West Yorkshire
4 months ago
£COMPETITVE + BENEFITS
I am seeking an experienced Purchasing Manager for a leading manufacturing business based near Leeds. The business has state of the art facilities and can offer genuine opportunities for progression and development.
As a Purchasing Manager you will be reporting into the Supply Chain Director and will be challenged with cost reduction, managing a team and supplier development in Asian markets . You will need to be able to operate with autonomy and take ownership your buying function.
Your role will involve understanding of supplier performance in respect to their new product introduction, quality, cost, risk and management. In this role, you will also be looking to develop and drive continuous improvement in the purchasing activity.
Key responsibilities will likely include;
- Ensuring that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications
- Driving forward quality improvements and compliance
- Working closely with developers, engineers and the project team for supplier exit strategies
- Leading reviews and negotiating with global suppliers
- Leading and taking responsibility for team
Based in the Leeds area, the ideal Purchasing Manager will need to have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 5 years + experience of purchasing in a manufacturing/ Automotive/ Electronics environment
- 3 years + experience of managing a team
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills preferably Asian markets
- Strong ERP/MRP and IT skills (excel)
- An understanding of lean techniques and global sourcing
This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities.
This is a unique opportunity, if you are interested, please apply now!