£45000 - £50000 per annum
11 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
c£45,000/£50,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading global Automotive supplier based in the Preston area as Purchasing Manager.
Reporting to the Group Purchasing Director, as a Purchasing Manager for this leading Automotive supplier in the Preston area, you will be challenged with taking cost out of the business and the supply base, the operational and strategic management of a large team and the implementation of long term agreements. You will need to be able to operate with autonomy in the corporate structure and take ownership of all purchasing activity of the plant and facilities.
Your role will involve understanding of supplier performance in respect to their new product introduction, quality, cost, risk and management. You will be visiting suppliers and using initiative and industry knowledge to build on relationships. In this role, you will also be looking to develop and drive continuous improvement in the purchasing activity. Key responsibilities will likely include;
- Ensuring that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications
- Driving forward quality improvements and compliance
- Working closely with developers, engineers and the project team for supplier exit strategies
- Leading reviews and negotiating with global suppliers
- Leading and taking responsibility for team
We are looking to recruit an experienced Automotive Purchasing Manager for our client in the Preston area who has operated at Purchasing Manager or Head of Purchasing or has previously operated at Purchasing Director level in a smaller business. The ideal Purchasing Manager will need to have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 5 years + experience of purchasing in an Automotive or vehicle technology environment
- 3 years + experience of managing a team, a people person with strong management skills - able to coach and mentor staff to higher levels of achievement
- CIPS Level 5 is a minimum requirement
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong ERP/MRP and IT skills (excel)
- Robust character, tenacious in negotiating the best possible cost for the business without compromising quality
- An understanding of lean techniques and global sourcing
Candidates without experience of the automotive industry at OEM, Tie 1 or Tier 2 level will unfortunately not be considered for this role.
The successful candidate will be joining a market leading organisation. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities.
There is an immediate need for someone to join the business so if interested please apply today!