Harrogate, North Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum + Excellent Benefits
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
QUALITY ENGINEER- FABRICATIONS/ MANUFACTURING
£35,000- £40,000+ Bonus/ excellent benefits
Excellent new opportunity for a Fabrications/ Manufacturing Business going through a significant growth period!
The Quality Engineer will work closely with the Operations manager to coordinate and facilitate Quality control measures through the manufacturing process. They will be tasked with monitoring Quality issues and ensuring that all internal quality functions comply with customer quality standards. You will need be able to identify quality improvements and assist with their implementation to find long term solutions. As the Quality Engineer, other duties will include the following;
- Performing internal and external quality audits against a range of standards- ISO 9001/ ISO 14001 and other regulatory requirements
- Coordinating customer complaint investigations, customer return surveys and liaising with other departments to ensure complaint resolution.
- Introducing continuous improvement techniques in all areas of the company and monitoring their effectiveness.
- Maintaining and managing the QMS documentation and procedures
- Root cause investigation and close out
- Ensure effective corrective and preventive actions are implemented as a result of customer complaints, audits, query notes and concessions.
- Attend contract reviews and design reviews
- Produce detailed reports in relation to departmental Key Performance Indicators.
- Develop the skills of Quality Technicians and Inspectors.
As the Quality Engineer, you will also be given autonomy in the role and be encouraged to pick up wider projects within the department.
The ideal Quality Engineer will need to have strong communication skills and be comfortable working within a high performing team.
- Experienced Quality professional
- Ideally experienced working in Fabrication environments
- Experience of Core Quality Tools and good understanding of standard problem solving Tools and Techniques
- Practical problem solving tools, PPS and 8D
- Good verbal and written skills
- HNC or above/ Industry relevant qualifications preferred
A recognised Engineering business and a market leader in their field; The right Quality Engineer for this role will be given full autonomy to make key decisions within the business and will also benefit from industry leading training and development, with excellent opportunities for future career progression. The business are part of one of the fastest growing industry sectors in the UK and are market leaders in what they do. With this business, you will also benefit from fantastic benefits and company incentives.
If you are interested in this opportunity, then please apply now.