North West England, England
19 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Aerospace - Quality Engineer
Location - Midlands
Contract - 6 months
Competitive hourly rate
My client has an interim vacancy within their Quality Department and are currently recruiting for the role of a contract Quality Engineer. I am looking for experienced contract quality engineering professionals with several years of interim QE knowledge to bring to the table and improve the quality function of my client.
- Participate in the Manufacturing Manager and/or Team Leader walk the floor routine and develop a stand-alone walk the floor routine specific to the QE role.
- Participate in the Daily Meeting and relevant Standard Diary meetings, taking ownership of problems assigned to the Quality function for resolution.
- Understand the process constraints and operating rules of the value stream covered in the QE role, and participate in problem-solving exercises to improve flow where relevant.
- Where appropriate, create, submit and control customer concessions as a containment action and participate in the problem-solving process to eliminate repeat concessions.
- Create and control relevant Quality documentation such as (but not limited to) Control Plans, Inspection Plans etc.
- Develop robust, cost effective and practical inspection methodologies using appropriate measuring equipment suitable for products throughout the life cycle.
- Complete measurement systems analysis (MSA) in line with current standards.
- Take accountability for the relevant milestones in the NPI process, fulfilling all QE tasks defined in that process (e.g. completing First Article Inspection Reports and other Customer specific requirements)
- Ensure delivery of the NPI milestones under the scope of the role are delivered on time, within budget, and comply with customer specification.
- Develop continuous improvement activities by supporting LEAN events and generating individual ideas to improve Quality, Cost and Delivery performance.
- Apply problem-solving methodologies to define and solve problems at root cause as a method of improving operational performance process capability and quality problems.
- Participate in problem-solving peer reviews, training and awareness activities to help the organisation develop a strong problem-solving culture.
- Implement and/or project manage problem solutions through (but not limited to) working with external suppliers, working with customers, proving out improved technologies, completing Process Failure Mode Effects Analysis (PFMEA) activities, etc.
- Participate in internal and external audits, taking account of outcomes from audit processes and working to implement solutions where gaps are identified.
- At least 5 years of experience in an Aerospace Manufacturing environment.
- At least 5 years experience of working in a Quality role within the Aerospace industry.
- Experience of applying structured problem-solving techniques.
- An understanding of LEAN manufacturing philosophy.
- An understanding of A9100, AS9102 and related Quality Systems.
- Experience of preparing First Article Inspection Reports (FAIRs).
- An understanding of APQP, PPAP and FMEA.
- Experience in the use of Quality related software such as Visual FAIR/PPAP.
- A self-motivated individual who can work independently and as part of a multi-functional team.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Analytical and data driven.
- Results driven with a focused but flexible approach.
Interviews taking place week commencing 3rd June. Apply early to be considered.