- Sector: Construction
- Function: Quantity Surveyor
- Contact: Sarah Ford
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 03 March 2024
- Job Ref: 32171/001_1706869033
Job Title: Civils Quantity Surveyor Location: Limerick, Ireland - General Contractor
About Us: My client is a leading construction company with a strong presence in Limerick and a reputation for delivering high-quality projects on time and within budget. We specialize in a wide range of civil engineering and construction projects, and we are currently seeking a talented Civils Quantity Surveyor to join our team.
Position Overview: As a Civils Quantity Surveyor, you will play a crucial role in the successful delivery of our construction projects in the Limerick area. You will be responsible for managing all aspects of cost control, procurement, and financial management, ensuring that our projects remain financially viable and that budgets are met.
- Conduct detailed cost estimates and prepare budget forecasts for civil engineering projects.
- Procure materials, subcontractors, and services in line with project requirements and budget constraints.
- Monitor project costs and provide regular reports to the project management team.
- Manage contract administration, including the preparation of subcontract agreements and variations.
- Evaluate and negotiate subcontractor and supplier claims.
- Collaborate with the project team to identify and mitigate potential financial risks.
- Assist in the preparation of final accounts and provide support during dispute resolution if necessary.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends, regulations, and best practices related to quantity surveying.
- Bachelor's degree in Quantity Surveying or a related field.
- Proven experience as a Quantity Surveyor, preferably within the civil engineering and construction industry.
- Strong knowledge of construction contracts, procurement, and cost control.
- Proficiency in quantity surveying software and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- A commitment to delivering high-quality work and meeting project deadlines.
- Opportunity to work on exciting and challenging construction projects in Limerick.
- Competitive salary and benefits package.
- Supportive and collaborative work environment.
- Career development and growth opportunities.
- A commitment to safety, sustainability, and excellence in construction.
Join our team and be a part of the construction projects that shape the future of Limerick!