- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Manufacturing & Continuous Improvement
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Expiry Date: 03 October 2021
- Job Ref: 29095/001_1630679984
£50,000 - £60,000
We are currently looking or a reliability leader for a well-known manufacturing and engineering organisation based in Barrow. This is a permanent role paying between £50,000 - £60,000 per annum.
You will be responsible for leading the development and application of site wide reliability systems, including preventative and predictive maintenance programmes to support production asset commitments in terms of; Safety, Quality, Delivery and Cost. Other responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement standards for safe engineering practices across all asset areas within the mill.
- Ensure risk assessments are completed in support of maintenance tasks and development work.
- Support site safety initiatives.
- Promote safety best practice.
- Ensure equipment compliance (legislative and technical Standards)
- Effective management of all maintenance processes and activities to maximise equipment reliability
- Effective management of all maintenance spend against identified KPIs i.e. nett asset replacement value
- Leads the development and execution of a reliability strategy based on Asset criticality.
- Develops and implements a preventive / predictive maintenance program, with focus on eliminating un-scheduled stops.
- Ownership of effective execution of all maintenance shutdown periods
- Provides technical support to asset teams via Reliability Engineers to resolve current reliability issues through RCA
- Ensure the application of TPM (and TALCM?) best practise across all asset areas.
- Manage the facility condition monitoring program and its application site wide.
- Manage the facility Lubrication strategy and its application site wide.
- Lead the development and ongoing process for CMMS use and best practices across all asset areas.
- Contribute advice and expertise on design, operation and optimisation of equipment and processes.
- Lead the implementation of the new site maintenance strategy approach, and encourage the use of the identified best practises.
- Lead and direct the site Reliability team.
- Set engineering standards and expectations.
- Provide direction to ensure consistency of application across all maintenance areas on site.
- Communicate directly with the Operations Managers in relation to reliability related issues where necessary.
- Network with others in the maintenance community to develop and implement common maintenance management processes, information systems and techniques.
- Work with the Operation Managers and Asset Leaders to encourage the effective use of resources.
- Support the technical team development initiatives, both days and shifts.
- Owns the plan for training and development of maintenance personnel to achieve mill objectives.
- Provide support in the development of reliability skills in the operating teams.
- Set targets in order to improve asset reliability performance.
- Continuously assess effectiveness of the reliability strategy by measuring performance against identified KPIs
- Lead the development and continually upgrade site wide reliability systems, including preventative and predictive maintenance programs to support asset operating commitments.
- Ensure systems and resources are in place to manage and audit these programs.
- Co-ordinate reliability system capital projects.
- Manage the Maintenance budget and set financial objectives for Maintenance.
- Supports the pre-down planning and post down review process to drive continuous improvement.
- Interact with stores leadership to ensure availability of spare parts and materials consistent with equipment reliability objectives, whilst minimising inventory investment and operating costs.
- Proven leadership skills.
- Good communication skillsFormal Engineering qualifications - Minimum HND degree level, ideally degree level and chartered status.
- Experience of Maintenance / TPM application
- Minimum 5 years engineering experience.
- Formal Engineering qualifications - ideally degree level and chartered status.
- Experience of implementing Reliability / Maintenance / TPM improvement programs.