£40000 - £45000 per annum
6 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Corby / Peterborough / Cambridge
c£32,000 Basic, £40-45,000 OTE
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a leading automotive manufacturer in the Peterborough area as a Sales Engineer. This role is easily commutable from the local area including Corby and Cambridge. You should expect to earn between £40,000 to £45,000 depending on orders won and success in the role.
As Sales Engineer for this Peterborough based automotive manufacturer you will be an integral link between the customer and engineering. You will be responsible for taking specifications and drawings from the customer, interpreting these and costs associated with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams, and putting together quotations for work. Due to the size and nature of products manufactured these may vary from high value, high volume orders to bespoke low value orders.
There will be large elements of Account Management coupled with the opportunity to bid for and win new business.
Key responsibilities of the Sales Engineer:
- Develop the appropriate relationships with customer contacts via regular visit
- Propose and validate the targeted pricing and negotiation path to win the customer round
- Contractual management
- Prepare and negotiate the commercial answers to the customer ECR's
It is essential candidates have experience of CNC or machining processes. Unfortunately those without experience in these areas will not be considered for this position.
The ideal Sales Engineer will have:
- An automotive background, although those from other sectors including aerospace, precision engineering, rail and other quality driven environments will be considered
- 3-5 years in a Technical Sales role
- A technical / engineering understanding including being able to read technical drawings
- Qualification - BEng, HNC/HND - is preferable
- Strong Microsoft Office and reporting skills
- Comfortable with quoting process
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Good analytical skills and accountability
With an enviable product range, my client based in the Peterborough area has a market leading reputation. There are genuine opportunities for progression within the business, this is an ideal time to join this thriving business as a Sales Engineer.