Birmingham, West Midlands
Up to £40000 per annum
about 1 month ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
An exciting opportunity to join a leading Tier 1 Automotive manufacturer in the Birmingham area as a Sales Engineer. This role is easily commutable from the local from most parts of the West Midlands including Telford, Wolverhampton, Coventry, Walsall, Worcestershire, Redditch, West Bromwich, Staffordshire and surrounding areas.
As Sales Engineer for this Birmingham based automotive manufacturer you will be an integral link between the customer and engineering. You will be responsible for building and developing relationships with new and existing customers to drive sales, taking specifications and drawings from the customer, interpreting these and costs associated with the Engineering and Manufacturing teams, and putting together quotations for work. Due to the size and nature of products manufactured these may vary from high value, high volume orders to bespoke low value orders.
Key responsibilities of the Sales engineer:
- Develop the appropriate relationships with customer contacts via regular visit
- Propose and validate the targeted pricing and negotiation path to win the customer round
- Contractual management
- Prepare and negotiate the commercial answers to the customer ECR's
It is essential candidates have experience of CNC or machining processes. Unfortunately those without experience in these areas will not be considered for this position.
The ideal Sales Engineer will have:
- An automotive background, although those from other sectors including aerospace, precision engineering, rail and other quality driven environments will be considered
- 3-5 years in a Technical Sales role
- A technical / engineering understanding including being able to read technical drawings
- Qualification - BEng, HNC/HND - is preferable
- Strong Microsoft Office and reporting skills
- Comfortable with quoting process
- Strong communication, team working, and decision making skills
- Good analytical skills and accountability
My client based in the Birmingham area has a market leading reputation. There are great opportunities for progression within the business, so this is an ideal time to join this thriving business as a Sales Engineer.
My client are looking to recruit as soon as possible so if interested please apply today!