Stoke on Trent, Staffordshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum
27 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
c£40,000/£45,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Automotive supplier based in the Stoke area area as Senior Buyer. Due to continued growth, the business is expanding their supply chain team which has resulted in the role coming to market. The business has state of the art facilities and can offer genuine opportunities for progression and development.
The business are well positioned with the role being commutable from Stoke, Crewe, Derby, Cannock, and northern Wolverhampton / Birmingham.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, as a Senior Buyer for this leading Automotive supplier in the Stoke area, you will be challenged with taking cost out of the business and the supply base, through operational and some strategic purchasing activity.
Your role will involve understanding of supplier performance in respect to their new product introduction, quality, cost, risk and management. You will be visiting suppliers and using initiative and industry knowledge to build on relationships. Key responsibilities will likely include;
- Ensuring that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications
- Driving forward quality improvements and compliance
- Working closely with developers, engineers and the project team for supplier exit strategies
- Leading reviews and negotiating with global suppliers
We are looking to recruit an experienced Senior Buyer for our client in the Stoke area. The ideal Senior Buyer will need to have strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 3 years + experience of purchasing in an technical engineered environment such as Automotive, Aerospace, Rail, Fabrications or Precision Engineering
- An engineering related degree and preferably MCIPS qualified
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- Strong ERP/MRP and IT skills (excel)
- An understanding of international sourcing
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities. My client are keen to make the right appointment as soon as possible, so if keen please get in touch!