- Sector: Engineering & Manufacturing
- Function: Buyer
- Contact: Adam Davies
- Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Start Date: ASAP
- Expiry Date: 28 May 2022
- Job Ref: 30103/001_1651140558
Senior Buyer- Global Engineering Business
£50,000- £55,000+ Bonus/ Benefits & excellent company pension
An exciting opportunity has arisen to join a leading Engineering business who are looking for a career driven Senior Buyer. Due to continued growth, the business is expanding their purchasing team with this newly created role. The business has state of the art facilities and can offer genuine opportunities for progression and development.
Reporting to the Head of Purchasing, the Senior Buyer will be challenged with taking cost out of the business and the supply base, through operational and some strategic purchasing activity.
Your role will involve understanding of supplier performance in respect to their new product introduction, quality, cost, risk and management. You will be visiting suppliers and using initiative and industry knowledge to build on relationships. As a Senior Buyer, key responsibilities will likely include;
- Ensuring that materials are purchased at the most competitive prices worldwide, on time and to the required specifications
- Driving forward quality improvements and compliance
- Working closely with developers, engineers and the project team for supplier exit strategies
- Leading reviews and negotiating with global suppliers
The business are after a dynamic and career focused Senior Buyer with strong communication and stakeholder management skills. Key requirements for the role will include;
- 3 years + experience of purchasing in a manufacturing environment is essential
- Exposure to purchasing engineered parts/ product would be an advantage
- Strong internal and external Stakeholder engagement skills
- Good ERP/MRP and IT skills (excel)
- An understanding of international sourcing
- Ability to work well within a team
The successful candidate will be joining a global organisation. This company have a fantastic track record for developing and investing in their people, facilities and systems. The business will support your personal development in this is role and there are plans in place to for promotion opportunities. My client are keen to make the right appointment as soon as possible, so if keen please get in touch!