Manchester, Greater Manchester
£45000 - £50000 per annum + Benefits Package
8 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
£45,000- £50,000 + BENEFITS
An exciting NEW opportunity has arisen for my client, an industry leading Manufacturing business based in Manchester who are going through significant year on year growth! They are looking to bring in a dynamic Senior Buyer/ Purchasing manager to join their senior management team!
Reporting Directly to the Operations Director, the Senior Buyer role will form part of a senior leadership team and take full responsibility for managing product inventory, sourcing products from factories and working with freight forwarders to ensure sufficient inventory levels are in place to meet customer demands. Areas of focus for the Senior Buyer will also include;
- Negotiating prices and terms for existing stock ranges and new products
- Source products from existing and new suppliers in the Far East, Europe & UK
- Ensure products procured meet required QA requirements and are certified appropriately
- Manage the critical path ensuring all orders are arriving on time
- Deal with supply chain issues as they arise
- Monitor inventory levels and re-ordering accordingly and in line with demand
- As Senior Buyer, deal with shipping and logistics ensuring containers are utilised efficiently
The ideal candidate for the Senior Buyer role will have the following;
- 5 years+ experience in a Purchasing based role
- Background within Manufacturing/ FMCG or retail
- Experienced working with a wide ranging product base
- Far east sourcing experience
- Hands on approach to work
- Methodical with an attention to details.
The right Senior Buyer for this role will be joining a business that are going through an exciting period of growth, with a fantastic reputation in their sector. They are committed to training and developing their people and can offer genuine opportunities for progression. If you want to be considered for this Senior Buyer opportunity, please apply now!