Leeds, West Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + Bonus and Benefits
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
SPECIAL PURPOSE MACHINERY/ CAPITAL EQUIPMENT
£40,000- £45,000 + BONUS/ BENEFITS
An exciting NEW opportunity has arisen for my client, an industry leading Precision Engineering business based in Leeds who are going through significant year on year growth! They are industry leading providers of special purpose machinery/ capital equipment that is used in a diverse range of industries! They are now looking to bring in a dynamic Senior Buyer the growing team.
Reporting Directly to the Supply Chain Director, the Senior Buyer role will be a key member of the Supply Chain team responsibility for strategically sourcing Suppliers for the businesses extensive product portfolio. As the business manufacture bespoke Special Purpose machinery, the range of raw materials required will be varied. With targets focused around Quality, delivery and cost, the Senior Buyer will work closely with key leads to ensure all projects are completed to the highest specification.
- Identify and source components based on quality and price and identify areas of improvement within the supply chain.
- Work with manufacturing to monitor raw material stock and utilising volume to leverage price reductions
- Work with wider engineering teams to carry out VAVE exercises
- Collect data and report supplier KPIs, manage non-conformance and always work on continual improvement across the supply chain
- Manage enquires and ensure delivery in line with business requirements
The ideal candidate for the Senior Buyer role will be experienced in working with Technical Engineered products and have the following;
- 3 years+ experience in a Senior purchasing based role
- Experienced in an environment that manufactures capital Equipment/ Special Purpose Machinery (or similar)
- Ability to interpret engineering drawing
- Experienced in strategic sourcing
- Degree/ CIPS qualified would be preferred
The right Senior Buyer for this role will be joining a business that are going through an exciting period of growth, with a fantastic reputation in their sector. They are committed to training and developing their people and can offer genuine opportunities for progression. If you want to be considered for this Senior Buyer opportunity, please apply now!