Manchester, Greater Manchester
6 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Senior Buyer - Indirects
This is a chance for a Senior Buyer to join a global speciality chemicals business with operations in over 25 countries and work across 3 of the UK sites.
The role would be based in Manchester with travel to and Indirect buying responsibility for 2 other sites. 50% of your time would be focused on the Manchester site with the rest on the other two.
- Responsible for the procurement of indirect goods and services including but not limited to engineering and facilities services, utilities and energy, capital and MRO items (Maintenance, repair and operational), identifying and developing synergies across the UK sites
- Source and develop suppliers / service providers to ensure compliance with corporate governance policies using various methods including RFP's.
- Carry out economic/spend analysis, market/competition analysis, and supplier analysis and provide regular management reports for sites under management of this role
- Lead / support negotiations for goods and services
- Develop sourcing strategies to deliver lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in assigned areas
- Support and manage the performance of operative procurement and administrative and/or other business support work, working within established procedures and practices, across direct and indirect procurement
- Ensure that the Procurement teams buying and expediting needs and duties are undertaken and achieved in a compliant manner with company procurement policies.
- Manage supplier / contractors to ensure the effective delivery of all agreed services to internal customers to the required standards and timing.
- CIPS membership preferred, Business, Economics or engineering degree preferred but not essential
- Experience in a manufacturing - preferably chemical or other similarly regulated environment
- Experience of dealing with engineers and stakeholders at all levels.
- SAP experience and competency
- Negotiation experience
For more info get in touch with Dan at Core Talent