£37000 - £40000 per annum + Bonus + Excellent Benefits
3 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Senior Design Engineer
£37,500 + Bonus + Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business is looking for a dynamic Design Engineer to join their rapidly growing, successful business. Our client is looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer who is looking to make the next step in their career taking responsibility for full projects.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will be a vital member of the team and will help oversee and mentor all aspects of the design team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a senior member of the 7 strong design team, implementing design best practise and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Assist and take charge of the delivery of small to medium sized projects
- Ensure all solutions provided to customers meet required standards and specifications
- Be a key point of contact for other members of the team consisting of Design Engineers, Technicians and Apprentices and provide ongoing training to develop skills and increase efficiency
The Senior Design Engineer
- Qualified to at least HND Level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- 3+ year's mechanical design experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment (Ideally within materials handling/machining)
- Proficient in CAD packages (Inventor preferred but not essential)
- Experience working on projects with full ownership and responsibility
- Good communications skill across a range of different stakeholders and departments
Our client is the UK's leading manufacture of specialist products within their market and their products have a global reputation for quality and performance with majority of their sales coming from global markets.