Barnsley, South Yorkshire
£40000 - £45000 per annum + + Excellent benefits
4 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Senior Design Engineer
Up to £45,000 + Excellent Benefits
Our client, a global engineering business is looking for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join their rapidly growing, successful business.
Reporting directly into the Engineering Manager, the Senior Design Engineer will be a vital member of the team and will help oversee and mentor all aspects of the design team.
Key responsibilities include:
- Being a senior member of the 20 strong design team, implementing design best practise and ensuring that all projects are delivered on time
- Discussing and interpreting requirements, preparing concise engineering specifications as a prerequisite to design
- Ensure all solutions provided to customers meet required standards and specifications
- Be a key point of contact for other members of the team consisting of Design Engineers, Technicians and Apprentices and provide ongoing training to develop skills and increase efficiency
- Qualified to at least HNC level
- Good, demonstrable experience with performing hand/stress calculations as a pre requisite to design
- FEA experience would be beneficial
- 5+ year's design experience within an engineering/manufacturing environment
- Experience in a mid-heavy engineering environment
- Proficiency in SolidWorks or Inventor would be preferred
- Good communications skill across a range of different stakeholders and departments
Our client is the UK's leading manufacture of specialist products within their market and their products have a global reputation for quality and performance with majority of their sales coming from global markets.