Huddersfield, West Yorkshire
£35000 - £42000 per annum
14 days ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Senior Design Engineer
Up to £42,000 + Bonus + Benefits
We are currently recruiting for an exciting opportunity for a Senior Design Engineer to join our client - a global manufacturer of Valves in West Yorkshire
Reporting directly to the Technical Manager, you - the senior design engineer will be an integral part of the team right away helping to turn client concepts into fully functioning manufactured products.
Your key responsibilities include:
- To be an acknowledged product specialist for part of the company's product range.
- Design and develop a brand new range of products from concept through to manufacture.
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Provide a technical advice service to Sales and Service staff in the field and follow up when necessary with suppliers to investigate any unusual problems that may be causing difficulty.
- Customer and supplier liaison in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the desired standard
- Qualified to at least HNC level (Degree preferred but not essential)
- Proficient in CAD packages (SolidWorks/Inventor preferred)
- 3+ years' design engineering experience
- Experience designing valves would be beneficial
- Excellent communication skills across different levels within a business
Our client is a rapidly growing business who supply internationally into a range of different industries. This role would suit a design engineer with extensive valve knowledge looking to make the next step into a senior position - if this sounds like you then apply below!