Sheffield, South Yorkshire
£35000 - £40000 per annum
2 months ago
Job page.job details.consultant:
Senior Design Engineer
£35,000 - £40,000 + Benefits
Our client, a global specialist engineering business based in Sheffield is looking for an experienced Senior Design Engineer to join their team.
Reporting directly to the Technical Director, You - the Mechanical Design Engineer will be a leading part of the team right away working on a variety of different projects.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and develop a brand new range of products from concept through to manufacture.
- Deal effectively with design problems to ensure efficient and profitable manufacture
- Customer and supplier liaison in order to ensure projects are delivered on time and to the desired standard
- Producing design and subsequent manufacturing drawings and related documentation
- Designing systems based on design-function relationships, serviceability, materials and methods engineering, production costs, and client specifications.
- Be educated to at least HND level (Degree preferable)
- 5+ years Design Engineer experience in a manufacturing/precision engineering environment
- Experience with CAD software - SolidWorks/Creo/Inventor
- Experience with hand calculations and FEA
Our client are a rapidly growing business with a unique, cutting edge product. They are looking for an experience, seasoned design engineer with a desire to learn and grow to join their team immediately.