- Sector: Construction
- Function: Mechanical Design Engineer
- Contact: David Catterall
- Contact Email: email@example.com
- Expiry Date: 17 December 2021
- Job Ref: 29489/001_1637168433
Senior Mechanical Design Engineer
£45,000 per annum + Car dependent on experience
We are currently looking for a skilled Senior Mechanical Design Engineer for our prestigious client who specialise in construction of state of the art operating theatres and clean air rooms. The company are based in Greater Manchester and are offering a permanent role with a hybrid of office based and work from home options with a salary of £45,000 plus car dependent on experience.
The Senior Mechanical Design Engineer will be responsible for the design and coordination of the mechanical building systems including air conditioning, ventilation, heating, public health services and building controls on an array of projects primarily within Healthcare Projects. You will also be responsible for supporting the project manager in the site construction commissioning process. Other responsibilities include:
- Generate design concepts and solutions to meet project and customer requirements and provide evidence of conformance.
- Prepare and present design and construction scheme packs, and engineering detail for internal review and in a customer forum.
- Carry out site surveys and construction site inspections, which will include provision applicable reports as required.
- Take a responsibility for design and co-ordination of all Mechanical and Electrical services and equipment installations.
- Work and innovate independently and with other Engineers / Draughtsman to develop ideas into a detailed scheme supported by calculations and reports to demonstrate compliance with requirements and relevant industry standards, and highlight necessary deviations and risk as required.
- Expected to provide a high-quality service to customers, on time with minimum management oversight.
- Liaise with technical specialists and suppliers as required (e.g. BMS, Medical Gases, Lighting etc)
- Peer checks the work of other Engineers and Draughtsman.
- Prepare, check, and approve that drawings are correct to required standards, that they reflect design intent correctly, and that they adequately define for construction and inspection.
- Support the Leading Medical Design Manager with other tasks and activities as required.
- Working knowledge of UK standards, specifically Healthcare Technical Memorandums acquaintance will be required
- Experience on a range of multi-disciplinary projects
- Must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in design development from concept through to and in construction, with a strong technical ability for applying their underpinning knowledge and experience to solving problems for complex engineering systems
- To be fully experienced/trained in AutoCAD 2D and 3D modelling. Knowledge of Revit will be an advantage.
The company are a well-known clean air technology company and have been pioneers within clean air technology for decades and are continuing to grow as they have just secured a number of new projects they have to fulfil.